Saturday, January 22, 2005

Oven Fried Chicken

A good friend gave me this recipe twenty-five years ago.
After making it for years I lost the recipe and lost touch
with the friend, so I am posting this to the best of my memory.
Measurements are approximate.
It was one of my favorites recipes for chicken.

Combine together in a small bowl:

1/4 to 1/2 c. flour
1/2 to 1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4. tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. savory

In another bowl combine:

1 beaten egg and 1/4 - 1/2 c. milk

In another bowl combine:

Crushed saltine crackers
Chopped fresh or dried parsley, about 1/4 cup.

Dredge chicken in flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture,
then roll in the cracker mixture to coat.

Bake in a shallow baking pan. Place a dab of butter on top of each piece.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.

No comments: