• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 cup chopped onions
• 3/4 cup chopped carrots
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
• 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 3/4 cup chopped celery
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 bag or less Morning Star Meal Starters Sausage-Style Recipe Crumbles
• 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped or crushed
• (I prefer crushed so you don’t have to chop)
• ! can (14.5 oz.) Del Monte Diced Tomatoes Zesty Chili Style
• 1 can black beans
• 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions, carrots, and garlic until tender. Stir in green pepper, red pepper, celery, and chili powder. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
2. Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, meatless crumbles. Season with cumin, oregano, and basil. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium.
3. Cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or longer to thicken, stirring occasionally.
4. Serve with shredded almond cheddar cheese and tortillas (Mulitigrain if you can find them)
Monday, January 02, 2012
1/2 lb. (2 sticks butter)
3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp .baking soda1
1 c. sour cream
3 c. sifted flour
1/2 tsp. orange extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
Bake at 325 degrees for one hour and 20 minutes in a buttered and floured pan.
Butter Cream Icing
3/4 c. butter
3-4 c. confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
With electric mixer, cream butter in a large mixing bowl.
Slowly beat in the sugar until smooth and creamy.
Add almond extract and blend.
Posted by Lillie at 2:23 PM