1 pkg. (1 T) gelatin, plain, dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
1 1/2 cup pumpkin (1 small can)
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tb. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tb. butter, melted and cooled
3 eggs, separated
2 Tb. sugar
1 cooled baked pie crust and whipped cream
1. Soften gelatin in cold water and set aside
2. Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, butter and egg yolks in a double boiler. Mix it all together before placing over hot water.
3. Cook over hot water until thickened, then add gelatin, beat and completely cool mixture 15-20 minutes in frig.
4. Beat egg whites and sugar until stiff. Do not overbeat.
5. Fold the meringue into the cool pumpkin mixture.
6. Pour into crust.
7. Cover with whipped cream or cool whip.