Everyone loves this recipe!
Even though it's a side dish,
it's sweet enough to seem like a dessert.
3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes without milk or butter
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 Tb. butter softened
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp maple flavoring
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 chopped pecans
1/4 cup flour
2 Tb. cold butter
1. Beat sweet potatoes, white sugar, milk, butter, salt and maple flavoring until smooth.
2. Put into greased 2 qt. casserole.
3. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, pecans and flour.
4. Cut in butter until crumbly.
5. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.